Work Injuries

If You Are Injured at Work

1) Report your injury immediately to your supervisor and to the Personnel Department secretary (559-528-4763).

2) If medical attention is required notify your supervisor, who will in turn notify the Personnel Department.

3) Call the Company Nurse #1-877-518-6702 search code: TUJ01 who will inform you if you need to seek medical attention and what facility to attend.

4) If emergency care is required, call for help immediately (911); from an office line call (9-911).

5) Don’t delay.  There are time limits.  If you wait too long, you may lose your right to benefits.

6) You have the responsibility to fill out the “Supervisor’s First Report of Injury/Illness/ Accident” form along with your Supervisor. This needs to be completed within 24 hours of the incident.

7) Once you have completed the incident report, bring it with you to the Personnel Department.  At the Personnel Department you will fill out a DWC-1 form.

8) The Supervisor completes the Supervisor Accident Investigation Report form, which must be completed and submitted to Personnel within 24 hours of the accident.

9) “Reporting promptly helps prevent problems and delays in receiving benefits, including medical care you may need.  If your employer does not learn about your injury within 30 days and this prevents your employer from fully investigating the injury and how you were injured, you could lose your right to receive workers’ compensation benefits.” 

For more information go the CDIR website

Board Policy 4157.1 states: “An employee shall report any work-related injury or illness to his/her supervisor as soon as practicable. Practicable means the injury is to be reported immediately to your supervisor, unless there is an emergency situation. Upon learning of an injury, a supervisor shall promptly report the incident to the Superintendent or designee.” Failure to follow Board Policy in reporting injuries could result in disciplinary action being taken.


Learn more about workers’ compensation by reading the New Hire Pamphlet provided to you at the time of hire or by reading the notices posted at each site. You may also call the Personnel Department for a copy of the “New Hire Pamphlet.”