Complaints and Claims

Civility:  This process is used to give employees a method of recourse when they feel harassed by members of the public. 

General Complaints: This process is used for initiating the formal complaint procedures regarding alleged misapplication of District policies, regulations, rules, procedures or alleged gross mismanagement, a significant waste of funds, an abuse of authority or a specific danger to public health or safety.

Complaints Against Employees: This process is to be used for complaints concerning District personnel and/or District procedures.

Williams Complaint Procedures: This process is used for the filing of complaints concerning deficiencies related to instructional materials, conditions of facilities that are not maintained in a clean or safe manner or in good repair, and teacher vacancy or miss-assignment. The complaint and response are public documents as provided by law. Complaints may be filed anonymously. However, if you wish to receive a response to your complaint, you must provide the contact information.

Uniform Complaint Procedure:  This process is used when addressing complaints alleging unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying. The district prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, or religious creed, pregnant, actual or potential marital status, actual or potential paternal status, actual or potential family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified on Education Code 200 or 220 or based on association with person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. The District will comply with state and federal laws such as Title IX, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the American with Disabilities Act, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Also use this process when addressing complaints alleging failure to comply with state and/or federal laws in adult education programs, consolidated categorical aid programs, migrant education, career technical and technical education and career technical and technical training programs, child care and development programs, child nutrition programs, and special education programs.
Claim for Injury of Damage (Form): This form is used to file a claim with the District for personal injury or property damage.  It must be completley filled out and submitted to the Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services at the District Office.  The claim must then be taken to the Board for action.  This may take 4 to 6 weeks or longer in some cases.